Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Big Apple (in more ways than one:)

This is the caramel apple that Taye and I got as a gift from Khloe's birthday party/Halloween festivities. How cool? I was trying to figure out how to eat it - it was overwhelming. So I just cut slices out - sprinkles, caramel and all. Love it - Thanks, Khloe!



Election Day ... Today I went to a workshop in Manhattan. On the way I saw this guy drumming for $ in the subway. I just walked by giving him a smile. I was thinking how much Sentayehu would have liked to hear his music. She is drawn to music in all forms. On the way back from the workshop 7 hours later the man had moved down to the train stop where I was getting on the train to go back. He had a bigger setup and all these kids were playing along with him with shakers. They were having a great time and their families were enchanted. They appeared to be on a family outing on their day off from school. It was really cool. I love NY.



The workshop was at my favorite museum in NYC- The American Museum of Natural History. I went there to get background information and training on the Moveable Museum which will be coming to our school in January. The museum has 4 of them. The exhibit for this one is on dinosaurs. It is very exciting. I actually learned a lot today - I learned is that all birds are dinosaurs. A dinosaur is defined as an animal having a hole in its hip which allows the legs to be positioned under the body for upright walking. Also, did you know that there are dinosaurs with feathers? Crazy! And the pterodactyl is not a dinosaur!





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok- that's just silly talk! Who taught you that? OF COURSE a pterodactyl was a Dino Dude...they lived at the same time! So ok, if he isn't-- then they were what...BIRDS? yeesh. The Musician is so cool- and you caught a great photo of him in his element of the subway- good eye cuz.

    ReplyDelete