Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 3


Harder than I thought - I almost forgot tonight. I have to do report card grades for all the classes that I teach. That is what is on my mind tonight, but all I want to do is go to sleep. I am so tired. Ah well, gotta do, what ya gotta do. It is easier said than done - some classes I only see once a week. Then school was closed a few days or my schedule was changed or the kids' behavior was such that a lesson was nearly impossible so I don't have tons of grades. Other classes the children are not really able to write responses so I have to base my grades on their work/projects/activities. For one class I came up with the idea to have them make something out of clay and then tell me about it. I made a chart and took a digital picture of their work and asked them to talk about it. I recorded their responses on paper. Extremely time consuming and takes a lot of classroom mangagment because while I am talking to an individual student - what are the rest of the class doing? Here is a sample of something the children made from clay. They had to tell me what the animal does to help itself survive in its environment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to assume that is a yellow Pterodactyl, which, though not a bird apparently, STILL lays eggs! In this case it is bending its neck while its long "beak" (not a bird beak mind you) scratches its inner nether regions- this while also preparing to sit upon its (not bird) eggs.
    OK, so how close am I?

    ReplyDelete