Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Pretty Much Not Too Much Dancing Going on Dance Class


Today was Sentayehu's second Queens Ethiopian Dance Class. All day she tells me, "I want dance." and then we get there and she basically just plays with the toys of the children who live there. There are 3 moms beside the host and myself who attend. The teacher goes over the steps and continues to show the children while the moms try their best to get the moves so they can teach the children later. Taye gave it a try a few times today, but she was more interested in all the things to play with. It is really fine because the idea is to get the children to know something about their culture and they are learning and meeting other children from Ethiopia. I am glad we are in the class. I hope Sentayehu decides to do a bit more dancing each week until she is a dancing queen.

This picture is from the first class that she went to in Manhattan. That class debanded after one session, but the picture is cute and I didnt take any from the Queens group.

1 comment:

  1. Love it- wish I coulda caught one of her from behind watching the kids in front of her. She is so amazing with her expressions, I could watch her discover life all day. Start playing ABBA and she'll be a Dancing Queen in no time flat!

    ReplyDelete