Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Streetcar Named Desire


A friend saw this little car being disCARded and took it for Sentayehu. After coaxing her into the house last night with the promise of allowing the car to come in I was able to get her upstairs into the apartment. She woke up this morning and started looking around saying, "Where car?". I had cleverly hid it in the hall closet. I took it out again this evening. We were going to go for a walk but it was pretty wet out. The car is sitting in the living room and she practially spent the entire evening in it - just sitting there. Well, she was playing with the keys. And the sticker eye fell off and she took a good deal of time to repair it. She wanted her snack in it (she wanted her dinner in there, but I think that after losing that battle last night she didn't try it again) and she drank her before bed milk in it. She always lies on the couch with me and drinks her milk. Ah, we will see how long the desire for the car lasts.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaah and so it begins..... toys over mom..... what next? my advice... hide the car again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I will have to do that - but she is pretty savy. It is getting harder to pull the wool over her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant title for this blog btw...and expect this is going to be what it's like when she turns 16 and wants a real one!

    ReplyDelete